There are great outdoor actvities on our doorstep... here's our list of TOP THINGS to do when you stay:
- From May-September 2014 take part in 'A Dylan Odyssey' - a series of unique Dylan Thomas inspired literary tours. Use the link below to see a list of all events.
- Take a walk around Aberaeron's historic town trail. View the wonderful town planning and Georgian architecture.
- Visit John Nash's wonderful Llanerchaeron - a National Trust house 3 miles from Aberaeron - by foot, car or bike (available at the hotel for residents). House and garden now open every day
- Walk from our doorstep the wonderful Welsh coastal path to New Quay - try to arrive there at low tide - travel back by bus. (If you plan well ahead of your stay - take advantage of Cab a Bag and walk the path moving on from place to place and get your bags moved on ahead.)
- Take a trip bottle nosed dolphin spotting from New Quay - choose a calm water day!
- Walk the coastal path to Aberarth / Llanon / Llanrhystud - travel back by bus
- Visit the coves of Cwmtydu, Cei Bach or Llangrannog - a good stop for some lunch
- Take a trip to Aberystwyth - Make sure you visit Oriel y Bont gallery (Bridge Street) or Baravin (our sister company) for a coffee or meal and enjoy its great location on the Promenade. Ask for Gareth or Owen (former Harbourmaster staff)
- Take a trip to Cardigan - Don't miss Custom House gallery, Howies Clothes shop or Fforest cafe - along the river. On the way be sure to call in Llwynhelyg farm shop, near Sarnau, to sample some local Welsh produce
- Take a trip to Lampeter and visit Jen Jones' gallery to see her collection of vintage Welsh quilts and blankets. The gallery shop is open Tuesdays - Saturdays 11 - 4.30
- If you are thinking of walking the coastal path and staying with us on the way,we are now part of the Cab-a-Bag scheme. In this scheme, local taxi services will transport your luggage to us, or other hotels. For more information, visit www.WalkCardiganBay.com
February 18 - A talk by Peter Lord on 'Writing creative history - the tradition of art in Wales'. Tabernacle Vestry 7.30pm
March 18 - A talk by Michael Freeman on 'Aspects of the First World War in Ceredigion'. Tabernacle Vestry 7.30pm
July 13 - Cardigan Bay Seafood Festival
August 9 - Aberaeron Tug of War
August 25 - Aberaeron Carnival
August 30 - Mackerel Festival
Click on any of the images to enlarge.