There are great outdoor actvities on our doorstep.
WALKING and CYCLING our favourites.
If you're into road biking you'll find the back roads of Ceredigion offer wonderful almost traffic free and stunning routes.
Here's our list of TOP THINGS to do when you stay:
- Take a walk around Aberaeron's historic town trail. View the wonderful town planning and Georgian architecture.
- Visit John Nash's wonderful Llanerchaeron - a National Trust house 3 miles from Aberaeron - by foot, car or bike (available at the hotel for residents). House and garden now open every day
- Walk from our doorstep the wonderful Welsh coastal path to New Quay - try to arrive there at low tide - travel back by bus. (If you plan well ahead of your stay - take advantage of Cab a Bag and walk the path moving on from place to place and get your bags moved on ahead.)
- Take a trip bottle nosed dolphin spotting from New Quay - choose a calm water day!
- Walk the coastal path to Aberarth / Llanon / Llanrhystud - travel back by bus
- Visit the coves of Cwmtydu, Cei Bach or Llangrannog - a good stop for some lunch
- Take a trip to Aberystwyth - Make sure you visit Oriel y Bont gallery (Bridge Street) or Baravin (our sister company) for a coffee or meal and enjoy its great location on the Promenade. Ask for Gareth or Owen (former Harbourmaster staff)
- Take a trip to Cardigan - Don't miss Custom House gallery, Tipipizza - along the river. On the way be sure to call in Llwynhelyg farm shop, near Sarnau, to sample some local Welsh produce
- Take a trip to Lampeter and visit Jen Jones' gallery to see her collection of vintage Welsh quilts and blankets. The gallery shop is open Tuesdays - Saturdays 11 - 4.30
- If you are thinking of walking the coastal path and staying with us on the way,we are now part of the Cab-a-Bag scheme. In this scheme, local taxi services will transport your luggage to us, or other hotels. For more information, visit www.WalkCardiganBay.com
July 13 - Cardigan Bay Seafood Festival
August 1,2,3 - Aberaeron Sailing Regatta
August 2 - Aberaeron Beer and Cider Festival
August 9 - Aberaeron Tug of War
August 10 - Aberaeron Cob and Pony Festival
August 10 - Aeron Valley Annual Model Railway Exhibition
August 9-16 - 14th Annual Open Tennis Tournament
August 22-24 - Aberaeron Rugby Sevens
August 25 - Aberaeron Carnival
August 30 - Mackerel Festival
December 6 - Aberaeron Community Christmas
Click on any of the images to enlarge.