In order to make a reservation at the Harbourmaster Hotel, you may be required to answer certain questions and provide certain personal information about yourself. In addition, such personal information may be disclosed to us during or as a consequence of our providing services to you. The Data Protection Act 1998 sets out your rights as a consumer in respect of information held about you by businesses.
These terms and conditions are provided to set out clearly the relationship between us. By making a reservation at Harbourmaster Hotel and/or using their website (www.harbour-master.com) you consent to these terms and conditions. However, this shall not affect your rights in relation to your personal data which are explained below.
- WHO WILL HOLD YOUR INFORMATION?
- Your information will be held by Gwesty’r Harbwr Cyf. (Company Number 04944285) (“Harbourmaster Hotel”). The Harbourmaster Hotel has its registered office at Quay Parade, Aberaeron, Ceredigion. The Harbourmaster Hotel is called the “Data Controller” because it has control over and responsibility for your personal information.
- The Harbourmaster Hotel is the owner of the web site at (www.harbour-master.com)
- If the business of the Harbourmaster Hotel is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisors and any prospective purchasers and their advisors and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
- THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WHICH WE HOLD?
- The information about you which we will hold may include:
- Personal details such as name, address, age, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- Information about the transactions you undertake including credit card or other payment details.
- General descriptions and details about your interests.
- SOURCE OF THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
- We may receive information about you directly from you when you submit information to us through the Harbourmaster Hotel website, make a reservation, and during your stay at the Harbourmaster Hotel.
- PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE HOLD AND USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- We may use your information for a number of purposes which are outlined below:
- The provision of our services to you:
- To administer and maintain our records;
- To ensure that the service we offer you continues to be the most appropriate service for your needs;
- To respond to any query that you may raise with us; and
- To update our systems to provide an enhanced service to you.
- Marketing, selling, and trading in personal information purposes:
- Your personal data may be transferred abroad and such transfer may be to a country outside of the EEA. If we transfer your personal data outside the EEA it will only be to recipients who offer an adequate level of protection.
- Other purposes:
- Your information may be used by Harbourmaster Hotel for the purpose of research and statistical analysis;
- The Harbourmaster Hotel may use information about your registration for our internal customer service monitoring.
- The period of use of the personal data supplied by you will not be longer than we deem necessary but may, subject to clause 8.1.4, be unlimited.
- KEEPING INFORMATION UP TO DATE
- In order to help the Data Controller keep your information up to date registered users may be asked to provide details of any changes in their information at regular intervals.
- If any of the information that you have provided to Harbourmaster Hotel changes, for example if you change your email address, name or payment details, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to [email@example.com] or writing to us at the address below.
- SECURITY FOR YOUR INFORMATION
- We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the data and the harm that might result from a breach of security. However, all publicly accessible websites are susceptible to malicious practices, and we accept no liability if security is breached.
- We further undertake that we will not hold information about you which is excessive in respect of the purposes for which it is processed.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have certain rights under the Data Protection Act in relation to the information that we hold about you. These rights are set out below:
- You are entitled to have access to your personal data. You may request by writing to Harbourmaster Hotel (at the address given in Clause 9 below), details of your information which we hold and the purposes for which it is held. We will provide this information within 40 days of your request, subject to any routine processing continuing between that time and the time of response. You may be charged a reasonable fee (as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998) for this information.
- You are entitled, by writing to the Harbourmaster Hotel, to require that the Harbourmaster Hotel not commence using the information and request that the Harbourmaster Hotel stop using information about you for the purpose of direct marketing i.e. the communication to you (by whatever means) of any advertising or marketing material;
- You are entitled, by writing to Harbourmaster Hotel, to require us to ensure that no decision taken by or on behalf of Harbourmaster Hotel and which significantly affects you is based solely on the automated processing of your information, for the purpose of evaluating such matters as, for example, your creditworthiness, reliability or conduct; and
- Ff it is held by a court that the personal information held is inaccurate, you are entitled to apply to ask the court for an order that such inaccurate information be rectified, blocked, destroyed, or erased.
- YOUR CONSENT
- CONTACT DETAILS FOR THE DATA CONTROLLER
The Data Protection Officer